Wednesday, November 23, 2016

THANKS-LIVING

So much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday.  Well, for every Thanksgiving holiday actually.  But this year feels just a bit more "thankFULLie" (I just made up that word; kind of like my husband does in Words with Friends).  

I am really thankful to be feeling well for the holiday.  I will be able to enjoy my time with family tomorrow with energy and focus and I will be able to enjoy our feast.  One of the side effects from the chemo is that I have a dry mouth and nothing tastes good.  But in the last couple of days my taste buds seem to have recuperated a bit and things are tasting better to eat and drink.  AND it's a long holiday weekend that I look forward to having some fun with Tanner.  I plan on ThanksLiving-it-up all weekend long!

Some may look at themselves as unhealthy when faced with a disease...but I am still so very thankful for my health.  I have cancer but I am still healthy in so many ways and I still take pride in taking good care of myself to stay strong in body and mind and to do good things for my body.  Every good thing I put in my body and everything I do for my body feels like a big slap in my tumor's face and I love that!  Gives me a little surge of ninja power.  

I am so very thankful for my family, my friends, my neighbors, my acquaintances, Tanner's teacher and school, to YOU for reading this .... everyone I know.  Thank you from ALL of my heart to all of you who think about me, pray for me, bring meals, call me, text me, send me cards, send me gifts, come visit me .. oh my gosh just thinking about the outpouring of love brings tears to my eyes.  How did I get so lucky?  

Thank you so much loved ones.  I wish you a most happy, grateful Thanksgiving holiday ~ live it up!

*My Pop-Pop is an avid reader of the "funny pages."  For many years now he cuts out the ones he likes most or the ones that remind him of me and saves them in an envelope to give me when we see one another.  A couple of weeks ago I was so surprised to receive in the mail an envelope from Pop-Pop with the funnies.  This is the first time I can ever remember him mailing them to me.  It made my day!  Do you think I'm thankful for my Pop-Pop?  You betcha I am!  Here's a Thanksgiving related funny for all of you ....






1 comment:

  1. So thankful to have YOU as my friend! You are always there for me when needed and you somehow know when that is...

    I'm looking forward to some fun time this weekend shooting some photos with you and praying Lula knows how to sit this year LOLOL Happy you are feeling well enough to enjoy the holiday and do some things that make you feel strong. The fact that you have taken such great care of your body for all of these years is paying off in spades in a tough time. XOXO PS. I LOVE that funny! LOL

    ReplyDelete